Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, passionate and organized business development director to expand the distribution of our content recommendation platform to publisher and media sites throughout the German speaking countries. Building on our success in the US and rapid expansion in the UK, France, Sweden, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and Germany during 2012, we are looking to grow our German team based in Munich. The key responsibilities will be to initially secure distribution agreements with all the national publishers for our content recommendations solutions and then to start and build a market for content distribution.
The successful candidate needs to establish strong relationships with the senior management of our partners. You will be responsible for expanding the current business as well as managing the introduction of new services including mobile and video. We are looking for a strong, deal-oriented professional who can identify, source and structure partnerships independently. Experience working with the digital departments of large publishers such as newspapers, magazines or media companies is a plus, as is previous experience selling to audience development and/or marketing teams at online publishers.
- Develop and manage partner relations at a senior management level. To ensure there is an excellent understanding of our partners needs within Outbrain as a whole and to expand the range of services provided by Outbrain to include text, video, mobile and audience acquisition programs as appropriate.
- To build the profile of Outbrain within the publisher, brands and agency communities. To become a recognised ‘thought’ leader in the development of content marketing by talking at events, conferences and with the press and using blogging and using other social media tools.
- To drive the revenue from our audience acquisition programme by selling into the marketing division of all our partners.
- Lead strategic contract negotiations, to structure deals and ensure compliance with Outbrain policy and best practice.
- Report to the German Country Manager and work closely with the EU and US management teams to devise and implement plans that exceed the company goals.
- Accurately forecast new business closure rate and booked revenue.
- Travel as needed to meet prospects and clients and attend events.
- Proven communication, presentation and interpersonal skills at a senior level and in public and with a proven ability to develop relationships with CxO level management.
- Proven track record of working with and understanding publisher’s needs, securing and developing strategic deals.
- Ability to negotiate contracts, with a good understanding of contract law and of data protection and privacy issues.
- Strong analytical skills to monitor, converse with clients and to identify trends in data and in generated reports.
- Solid understanding of digital technologies, trends and the potential of content marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in German and English.
Outbrain Inc. - vor 12 Monaten
Outbrain is a small startup tackling big problems. Our goal is to build great products by cherry-picking great people, not by bloating our...