Principal Job Responsibilities
1.Performs all install and maintenance activity in accordance with operational procedures. Undertake the maintenance of equipment (CPE and network equipment) utilised throughout the Verizon network and customer facilities.
2.Performs the testing and turn up of service with all involved providers until the customer’s service is up and working.
3.Emergency repair (fibre splicing) on the Verizon backbone.
4.Install all Verizon telecommunications equipment along with associated wiring and cabling.
5.Performs maintenance of network and customer circuits and equipment including related scheduled maintenance events.
6.Provide on site technical support in Verizon sites and to customers where applicable (including basic troubleshooting on customer equipment under customer instructions in Colos) and provide technical support and remote hands to Verizon maintenance centres for card replacement, fault isolation and maintenance activities.
7. Where applicable, performs testing, diagnostic and periodic maintenance procedures on facility infrastructure equipment according to published equipment standards and supports all 3rd Parties for this purpose.
8. Direct and supervise all external contractors performing installations and repair services.
9. Work on customer and network projects on guidance and supervision of experienced Ops peer or Implementation engineering
Qualifications: - Minimum of 3 year’s recognized hands on technical experience in the telecommunications industry
Additional Qualifications: - Cisco certified CCNA/CCIE
- Working knowledge of SDH, PiP, IP, Transmission, DACCS, multiplexer and router
- Working knowledge of fiber optic transmission systems, Ethernet access and network devices
- Good customer communication skills, Fluent in English and local language (written and verbal)
and Verizon VSAT services
- General knowledge of Verizon ULH/TA-Mesh/CPA platforms
- General knowledge on WLAN equipment
- Knowledge SNM, VDDS, V-Force, Site Manager, INM
Verizon Business - vor 15 Monaten
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...