We currently have a job opening for a Business Intellignece Expert (m/w) - Reporting, available at the soonest possible starting date. The position is based at our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
XING.com is the place to be for online business networking. Millions of members use the platform every day to do business and promote their career. XING makes networking and professional contact management simple. This can be seen by the exceptionally high levels of activity the platform enjoys. Members can meet and exchange views in more than 40,000 specialist groups, while also getting together at networking events to share their contacts, skills and expertise. A XING network is defined by trust - It boosts members’ career prospects while acting as a recruiting portal for both companies looking to fill vacancies and qualified professionals interested in a new challenge.
The platform is operated by XING AG and is the only network in the world to offer full SSL encryption.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proactively support each department and the management team when it comes to steering business activities from a profit-driving perspective
- Help develop the company’s business intelligence portal based on MicroStrategy
- Advise and support other departments with information gleaned from data analysis that can be used to generate performance-oriented measures
- Create guidelines and quality parameters that create an efficient reporting environment that is light on resources
- Write reports and create interactive dashboards for various departments and the management team
- Design and create data models, data marts, and cubes
- Carry out and develop performance measurements by developing your own performance and benchmark figures
- Present reporting results to the Executive Board
- Act as a dedicated contact for several departments
- Support the Business Intelligence team in all aspects of daily operative business
Good SQL skills
Good scripting solution skills (Perl, Shell on Unix-based systems) would be advantageous
- Degree in business IT or IT
- Experience in working with reporting solutions such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, and Cognos
- Excellent data modeling skills within a data warehousing environment
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German
- Experience in acting as an interface between the Business Intelligence team and other departments
- Exceptional analytical and interdisciplinary skills, design skills, and quick to learn
- Clear desire to help shape the business
- At least 3 years of experience working on mid-sized and large projects
- Several years of experience in mass data processing ( &
Xing Technology Corporation has been a leading provider of standards-based digital audio and video compression technology for nearly a...