TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS-ELECTRONICS (C-E) REPAIR TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: C-E SECTION LEAD
JOB SUMMARY: Performs the highest level of repair support (from system-down to component-level), accomplishing major equipment overhauls or complete rebuild of parts, assemblies, subassemblies, and end-items of telecommunications and microwave equipment used in the Global Information Grid (GIG) System. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and obtaining Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) certification. Provide software, firmware, and hardware testing on Sun Microsystems/Dell Computer System based equipment. Perform computer hardware/software testing to include software diagnostics (down to individual component level), network diagnostics and system troubleshooting. Performs as a team leader, operations supervisor (shop foreman) and is subject matter expert (SME) providing assistance and on-the-job training (OJT) to shop personnel. Make recommendation and provide direct support to the C-E Shop foreman.
General Physical Requirements:
- Apply reverse engineering techniques and complex fault isolation to perform component level repairs on unique and obsolete systems and equipment used in C-E systems.
- Research and identify replacement components and mechanical parts for obsolete equipment no longer supported by original equipment manufacturer.
- Perform modifications to equipment using sophisticated test equipment for performance testing, accomplishes extensive disassembly and assembly, and performs Quality Assurance (QA) on repairs performed by other technicians.
- Determine system technical operation parameters, then installs, aligns, and tests the systems and equipment to ensure that they pass DISA standards and tests.
- Perform complex fault isolation and accomplishes component-level repairs of unique and obsolete system used in the GIG System.
- Perform scientific and technical complex evaluations and tests on failed equipment to determine the proper equipment configurations and operating characteristics to establish the extent of required maintenance.
- Analyze system configurations, malfunctions, and operation characteristics for equipment and systems when technical documentation is not available or is outdated.
- Provide technical assistance on-site and responds to emergency maintenance for US designed and manufactured Military Communication Microwave Equipment and Systems, as used in the strategic communication systems environment.
- Design equipment improvements based on military and communication network needs and capabilities.
- As required, respond within 2 hours of notification to locations within Germany to repair immediate high priority failures.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Include: Climing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Walking, and Lifting.
Required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Required Experience:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Associate degree in Electronics or Communications or completion of 36 months advanced military or equivalent training in digital electronics, 24 months of which must be from a US Military-approved training facility.
Experience: Individual will have eight (8) years of experience performing the highest level of depot repairs of equipment utilized in the GIG Network. The individual also must have one (1) year, of the 8 years, of supervisory experience and be able to provide assistance and training to other technical personnel. The individual shall have experience on complex US Military specific multiplexers, de-multiplexers, repeaters, signaling units, timing and synchronization equipment and data/voice communications systems, and related equipment and circuits installed for the US Military. Two (2) years of experience may be substituted for one (1) year of education.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
- Must be Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the English language, to include the ability to comprehend and interpret complex electronic and technical data, schematics, and logic diagrams.
- Posses or be able to obtain a US Government Motor Vehicle Operators Identification Card (OF346) for light non-tactical vehicles (sedans and mini-vans).
- Required to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance.
Minimum Education Requirements
Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required N/A Work Status
ITT Exelis - vor 2 Jahren