Client Services Team Leader (Job Number: 1212153)
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
BNY Mellon Asset Servicing assists clients worldwide to enhance the management, administration and oversight of their entire investment process by giving them the tools and information they need to make better decisions.
Responsible for the daily management of a set number of client service or processing teams within the Client Service Group. Daily responsibilities include management of workload (transaction volumes), client expectations, performance management of a designated staff, and management of services from various providers. Ensuring that queries are responded to within specific service level agreements and escalated to senior management as appropriate. Ensure that trade and cash instructions are actioned within prescribed timeframes. Client investments are placed timely and accurately. Review MIS data for the department to identify process and productivity improvements. Establish excellent working relations with investment managers and clients serviced within group. Provide assistance to relationship manager on investment manager and client reviews. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with key people and departments within the BNYM organization. Ability to learn and know target systems and products.
* Ensure queries are responded to inline with service level agreements.
* Ensure his/her team knows and understands their clients.
* Process Management. Implementation of a clear and consistent team process in line with corporate procedures and risk profiles.
* Networking. Build working relationships with RM’s, service providers, and internal departments.
* Review proposed management information figures for accuracy and timeliness. Ensure team is meeting KPI’s / benchmarks.
* Review control reports for timeliness of trade/cash input and posting/settlement.
* Address all escalated issues and further escalate where necessary.
* Maintain and develop all operating procedures. Identify areas for improvements both from a risk and a productivity perspective.
* Ensure that team maintains and develops all client specific procedures.
* Maintain overall client satisfaction of core custody services. Manage client expectations.
* Work with RM team to address and develop new / enhanced services from clients.
* Provide assistance to relationship manager in service reviews and client presentations.
* Provide assistance to sales team in presentations to client prospects.
* Performance management. Interview, appraise and develop staff under responsibility.
* Serve as back up for manager or head of Client Services in their absence.
* Participate in client visits / conference calls. Travel may be required.
* Planning: Yearly business planning, succession planning, business continuity planning.
* Be aware of current regulatory and legal obligations of the Client Service Group.
* Coordinate / support the necessary in- and external audits conducted throughout the year.
* Responsibilities towards staff :
o Provide clear direction and leadership to the teams managed
o Ability to manage staffing levels and capacity in a changing environment.
o Set a professional example to staff
o Support and encourage staff development, objective setting and appraisals
o Ensure adequate succession plans are in place for the functions managed
Job Specific Competencies
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the associate should show an aptitude for:
* Personal Organisation
* Work Quality/Attention to Detail
* Problem Solving
* Job Proficiency
* Initiative/Sense of Urgency
* Strong analytical skills
* Demonstrated Leadership Skills
* Ability to execute department strategy
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
* Fluency in English and German required, other languages preferred but not required.
* Proven knowledge of Global Custody markets and products.
* Excellent organisational skills, with accurate manipulation, analysis & checking of figure work.
* Experience with the following systems advantageous: CMS, GSP, Workbench and IMs
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
* Minimum of HBO (Bachelor) level education or equivalent.
* Proven custody or fund management experience (minimum 5 years), preferably performing a management role.
Primary Location: Europe-Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: 50984
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Global Client Service Delivery-HR06406
BNY Mellon - vor 16 Monaten
Big Apple, meet Iron City. The Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) is the result of the 2007 marriage of Bank of New York and Mellon...