Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Deutschland188 Bewertungen
188 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser Suche
Alle 3.311 Bewertungen ansehen
Arbeitskultur
Overall, acceptable but the pay and benefit plans were not the best for the amount of labor required.
Discounted Employee Meals
Very little upward mobility
Arbeitskultur
It all depends where you are station and how you get along with your manager or supervisor! Watch out for LP biggest criminal! They laugh in your face and tell you how great you do your job and next thing you get written up!
Vorteile
You can make good money !
Shift work and weekends
Arbeitskultur
The level of organization can be improved but overall it was good.
Should be better pay for everyone.

We can always provide better service for the community
Good products
Nachteile
Provide more products for the troops and family
1,0
Arbeitskultur
At the location I work in it has been a terrible experience. Management does not take you serious as a worker and makes you do task that are not in your job description. We are always short staffed all the time and the pay is below fair.
Arbeitskultur
Great leadership. I have been working for aafes since 2003, I've had my ups and downs, overall, it's a great company to work for..right now, I work at pizza Hut. It's very demanding, I really enjoy it. The hardest part about the job is dealing with different personalities, the easiest part is coming to work. Management is great, I have no problems with that.
Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen
Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen
1,0
Arbeitskultur
This is a warning to anyone who wants to apply to work for AAFES at an overseas foreign government location. The full-time employment pays about $1200.00. But the cost of living in overseas location is very expensive. Your $1200.00 salary averages to about $500.00 worth of money in these expensive overseas locations. The is a scam to cheat hard working Americans out of a decent paycheck. AAFES does nothing to help you rent an apartment, pay utilities, ect in these overseas locations. Do get suckered into this AAFES overseas employment scam. The people on these overseas foreign government military locations tell blatant lies to your face.
Arbeitskultur
Enjoyed working at AAFES when my husband was stationed in Germany. There are several locals that worked there and was genuinely a pleasant experience working with such a diverse community.
Arbeitskultur
I worked my way up to a decent paycheck after a few years. The company likes to promote within, once you get a foot in the company, a few more positions open up.
Arbeitskultur
I worked as a cashier, stocking product, and helping customers. I also helped to keep ready to eat food stocked and clean. I worked either opening or closing shifts. Permanent positions were only available to local nationals, not to American Citizens.
2,0
Arbeitskultur
The only thing about this place thats good is that it may get better. of course working near the US army feels like a distinctive job but its just run by abunch of thuggish types and they will not allow those who truly deserve to be in the higher positions any chance. I have been there for nearly 3 years and although Im bilingual im still forced to work with people who can barely even speak german let alone english. A chaotic place run by people who only car about their job. Overall im pretty dissapointed, overworked and its starting to affect my health.
Arbeitskultur
The work environment was very good. The supervisors leave you alone and allow you to get the stuff stocked that needs to be stocked. You have to be off of the sales floor when the store opens.
Arbeitskultur
I started as a food service worker just to get my foot in the door. I stayed there less than a year before moving up to working at a shoppette. I was good at catching shoplifters do I moved onto the loss prevention area. Worked my way up to a manager. Love working around the world. Come in, do your job and take all the training they have to offer. You'll be happy.
Vorteile
Friendly coworkers, work as a team, room for advancement
Nachteile
Depending where you are has few openings
Arbeitskultur
I worked here part-time one summer in germany while staying with my mom. I enjoyed working here. The hours weren’t bad, the schedule was fixed but alternating like a week A week B schedule. Management was great, always very helpful and encouraging and willing to answer any and all of my many questions. I would recommend working here.
Arbeitskultur
Work was fast paced, allowed me to improve my communication skills, management was ok, the people were nice but not as effective when it came to doing specific tasks.
Arbeitskultur
Days could be busy while other days were just steady. I enjoyed working with the soldiers and their families. It was especially nice to be ale to assist the families when their military spouse was in the field for a period of time. Sometimes, in addition to assisting with store matters you also could help in small personal ways that could help alleviate a little stress, unhappiness or loneliness wen their spouse was away.
Vorteile
loved working with soldiers and their families
Arbeitskultur
Days range from customers out the door to not seeing anybody for 3 hours based on on-post work schedules as people come in for lunch and dinner. No real opportunity to move up in the workplace but good benefits and reasonable pay. Great as a first job.
Arbeitskultur
Ich war sehr glücklich, für dieses Unternehmen zu arbeiten und seine Kunden weltweit zu bedienen. Es war für mich und meine wunderbaren Arbeitskollegen sehr herzzerreißend, dass sie beschlossen, das Distributionszentrum im Jahr 2017 in Gießen zu schließen und es in Germersheim wieder zu eröffnen.
Sehr gute Arbeitszeiten und kaum Überstunden
Nachteile
Leider haben sie die Firma hier in Gießen geschlossen.
Arbeitskultur
A typical day included counting inventory, ordering and restocking items. I learned to take whatever job I was given and make the best of it. The hardest part of the job was the quick turnover and constantly training new people.
Arbeitskultur
company offers room for advancement and competitive wages, as well as premium health insurance coverage. The fringe benefits of working for the military and its tax-free status on employee purchases is a bonus.
Arbeitskultur
I was hired or as a part-time seasonal stocker. I was offered a permanent position afterward. My boss was fantastic and I really enjoyed working there.
Vorteile
Hours, advancement opportunities, friendly people
Arbeitskultur
With AAFES, I had great managers that helped me focus on how to improve not only as a worker but as a person. They pushed me and made sure I succeeded
Vorteile
Half off food, free drinks
Nachteile
Most people hired as intermittent, worked as part/full time, didn't recieve the benefits we should have
Registriertes Unternehmensprofil
Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?
Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Army & Airforce Exchange Service. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.
Gesamtbewertung