Bison Transport

3.2Work-Life-Balance

Sortierung nach

HilfreichsteBewertungDatum
156 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser SucheAlle 158 Bewertungen ansehen

Truck driving is very demanding regardless of the company you work for

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
Bison has an excellent new driver training program which I highly recommend. Great company, great support system and a company that is always trying to improve.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

No place for professional drivers

Sterile, impersonal company - driver relationship. Drivers are micro-monitored with many in cab sensors and alarms, including, for new to Bison drivers, an inward facing camera surveillance system. It doesn’t matter how good a driver, how safe, how professional, how much pride good drivers have in their safety and job performance Bison will only see you as “meat in the seat” to be spied on. Planning and Dispatch will leave drivers waiting - a lot! Safety is only surveillance.

Vorteile

Good equipment. Good variety of trips

Nachteile

Impersonal. Safety/surveillance. Planning/Dispatch a mess.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Micro management at its best!

Bison has taken all of the fun out of truck driving so if you want to have an enjoyable career go elsewhere. The constant nagging by dispatch trying cover their butts blaming the drivers so they still get their bonus and the non-stop micro managing from safety where most of them have never even driven a truck. God forbid you went 1km over the speed limit safety is calling you and your taking a course, try and pass another truck using momentum and safety is calling you and yes your taking another course and now installing lane departure and cameras to watch you and then they call you when you sneeze or look out the window for more than 2 seconds and yup your taking another course. Recently upper management gave themselves new job titles and raises while the rest of us got nothing. Like I said truck driving use to be a lot of fun, but not at Bison. Bison cares is true but it’s profit they care the most about not their drivers.

Weekly pay

Nachteile

Dispatchers do not know geography, fleet manager care only about their bonuses, upper management does not care.

Recruitment keep you hanging

The recruiter could not communicate, could not call and speak up on what is happening and/or why, only emails, 2 months of emails! USwaivers are for criminals not for a driver without a criminal record who has 55 days to go before getting a clean abstract . They will make you think you have a chance and make you spend a lots of money for documents you don't need to end up thinking to yourself; if that's how communication works for Bison, I might not want to give my next 20years to Bison! They are not missing passionate drivers they are missing numbers

The dream job

Bad recruitment

Too few doing too much.

Everyone extensively overworked and stressed. One person does two people's work at all times in all positions. Well paid but not worth it when not enough people for work loads. The office treats drivers poorly and take every financial advantage of them.

Free breakfast

Nachteile

Always too much expected from too few.

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Very bad company to work for

Junk company to work for; better work at Tim hortons; congested yards ; out of service equipment and nowadays a very bad name in trucking; all these awards they boast are created by their own management; All new Canadians with zero experience are hired here very easily and they Create chaos during bad weather on highways. Dispatchers /Fleet mangers have 0 knowledge/experience same as their drivers … no one stays here long/ it used to be a good company 10 years ago but now these guys are at bottom; My advise don’t spoil your life working here….

Nachteile

Small congested yards with largest potholes ; no respect; third class company to work for

Gone to the dogs

I have worked here for years and sure has changed for the worse. Dispatch and management very poorly trained. If you call with any concern they tell you they will call back and never do. Too bad was such a good place to work. Would not recommend anyone to apply.

None anymore

Nachteile

Poor management, cannot be staight with you about anything

Good company, w/great flexibility

Bison was an awesome company to work for as an O/O. As a company driver there were some challenges. They have lots of different runs and different types of work, so when I got bored with something I could always switch things up and do a different run.

Vorteile

Overall good company and great driver facilities at terminals

Nachteile

Found that dispatch and fleet manager changed, just as you were build a good working relationship with them

Salary

Company is Good, Fleet Manager Dispatchers Excellent People.Bison Is a Proper definition of Corporations, Cutting rates hauling freight for 1990 Rate keeping shipper Happy.Paying Driver Rates which are hard to survive on.If you Divide the amount of pay and Amount of work and wait, You better off working at Construction site.Work Culture is Good Got Excellent Trainer in but, For what trucking was known money this is the wrong company to work for the, Get the Experience And Work For The People Who Pays For Fairly.The Amount of Risk on the Road we Take and The Pay. No!No!

Work culture, Friendly people

Pay
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great place to work for anyone

I joined the company 2 years ago. My role involves a lot of travel and bison did a great job of providing a work/life balance. I was paid fairly for my time wasted at airports or canceled flights. I was allowed to bring friends/family and sometimes pets on my work trips to make the endless weeks on the road less lonely. It was always easy booking time off, or if I needed help from HR on anything. My manager did a great job of not micro-managing me but provided support when i asked for it.the environment can be a bit "clique", I hate to say it but some people have too much time on their hands and make mountains out of molehills, but that is pretty much any office based work environment that I've ever worked in, just do your best to keep your head above it. Good benefits, awesome lunches and company give back events (when covid finally goes away), awesome Christmas party and a lot of networking opportunities. Best part, it's so big and have our hands in so much, there is endless opportunity for moving up or across.

Vorteile

Competitive salaries; benefits; free lunches

Nachteile

Clique culture; covid killed a lot of the fun stuff

Not a horrible place

There are a lot of managers that seem to have been there a long time but other than that there is a high turnover of office staff. My manager was amazing and very understanding.there are company lunches in the summer and you can usually find somewhere to relax on your breaks if you have time to take them.

Vorteile

Free lunches in the summer

Nachteile

Long hours, stressful at times

Busy hard working placs

Lots of busy days, hard to enjoy with the stress in trucking. Lots of politics inside office. No support regularly for your choices. Hard to effectively do your job with management over extending.

Summer lunch

Stressful, busy workload
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Excellent work flexibility/home time!!

Good company to work for as a long-haul driver. Not perfect by any means. Communication is key when it comes to working things out. Overall good balance with work, pay and home time. Steady miles! Schedule flexibility.

Vorteile

Steady income, good people in dispatch/management.

Truck share
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Planning and dispatching is disgraceful

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians!Seems like management and office staff tend to go on wild tangents and start crapping on the drivers and yard staff. I would suggest a new career cause you won't make any money at this place! Good Luck

Easy runs

Low morale

Bison Transport

Bison is a great company for driver's and owner Operator good pay nice Dispatch well management new equipment. .......................................

Non

Non
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great place to work. Its hard to earn a fair living there though.

The company has tons of opportunities. They have an excellent training program. I was underpaid working for Bison Transport, but everything else you would want from a company was provided. Not everybody was underpaid. a lot of people make a great living and the culture around Bison is great! Really good people at Bison. They just need to pay a bit better.

Free lunches

Low wages
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Productive and safe work place and excellent for getting foot in the door with the trucking industry

Its a good place to work. As well to experience what the trucking industry feels like to work in. A lot of the staff are nice and friendly. But the jobs that are being worked currently are underpaid.

Long weekends every 2 weeks

War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Disappointed working with this company,exploiting driver if you left the company earlier ,poor management ,hire driver for long haul but they want you to do so many pickup &drop off on the way,low pay rate canada wide,dont fall into their trap,dont hire into this company.

Excellent Training for New Drivers

Immediately after receiving my AZ license, I applied for Bison with their New Driver Program. I was called back within a couple of days to set up a road test and was hired on immediately after the test.I then began the orientation and training course which lasted about 8-10 weeks; covering in-class training, basic skills, city work and highway trips. (All paid with weekly salary)After completing the program, I was given an assigned truck of my own, 2020 Freightliner Cascade, with less than 200k on it.I’ve now been driving as a long haul driver with Bison for over 6 months and enjoy working for the company.Pros for working for Bison:- Excellent new driver program for drivers with no experience- Not forced by dispatch- Easy to communicate for any delays, ie weather, breakdown, tired, etc (never forced)- Newer trucks with excellent equipment inside, ie, satellite radio, radar sensor, etc- Great benefits- On site maintenance team- Good wage, I’m already on pace to earn over $60k in my first yearCons for working for Bison:- Trucks are limited to 100 km/h- Spend 21-24 days on the road, would be difficult for drivers with familyI guess at this stage, I don’t really have much negative things to say about Bison, but would highly recommend to new drivers who have no experience in the industry to start here.Most new drivers are worried about getting in to this industry due to negative image such as forced dispatch, low wage, extremely long hours, etc, but rest assured this company won’t push you to the limit and will put your safety ahead of anything else.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Some office staff were good

I would not recommend applying for this company. If you want low pay and lots of harassment from upper management then this is the job for you. They expect you to stay out with minimal home and family time. They do not support their drivers very well. They expect you to go into all the coronavirus hotspots and supply no pipe for your work. They do supply cloth mask but they have to be washed every day. If you get COVID 19 and have to stay at home they do not support you. If you have applied to this company I wish you good luck and if you can run don’t walk away from your application.

Good benefits

Nachteile

Lowest paying company, long days on the road, not much home time
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

disorganized, mistakes every day with planning, wrong addresses, vehicle issues, bad advice from dispatch, poor management

Worked here for 6 months and every day is a new disaster. Every day there is problems. Poor planning, disorganized, vehicle issues, bad advice from dispatchers, paperwork mistakes, border delays. Management isn't willing to address issues. They ignore any legitimate issue you bring to their attention and bury it. Expect 14 hr days but you will only be paid for 10-12 of them. They guilt you about taking 2 days off after a 7 day run, reminding you constantly that only 36hrs is needed for a driving hour reset. I would not recommend working here.

safety bonus

Nachteile

Not paid for all hours worked
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Bison Transport. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.Frage stellen

Gesamtbewertung