I worked for Camp Adventure as a volunteer this summer.
The working conditions are horrendous:
- 16h working days, no breaks during the day (over 110h a week)
- occasional night shifts required (still having to work the next day)
- no days off, every two weeks one "night" off, back to work at 7 in the morning
- no warm showers, only very few opportunities to wash clothes
- no areas to relax
- no pay, only 75euro per week, no reimbursement for transportation
- don't accept sick leave
Other things that went completely wrong at Camp Adventure:
- camp adventure trys to "pay" their workers with the experience
- no professionals working with the kids, only untrained volunteers
- not enought teamers at the camps to allow breaks
- personally i was always treated politely, but others were pretty much bullied from camp adventure staff until they left
- camp adventure tries to keep their clean image, even though they don't treat their volunteers very well
You can still hava a positive summer experience as it's guaranteed to meet cool and crazy people from all over the world and the programme itself seams to be pretty well thought-out. But as mentioned before, the working conditions are inhumane.
the people you will meet at camp adventure
everything else, especially the inhumane working conditions
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?