Network Rail

Bewertungen nach Kategorie

3.7Work-Life-Balance

Sortierung nach

HilfreichsteBewertungDatum
Alle 553 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.

Really look after their staff

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
I love working for NR. I have a great team around me and a supportive manager.The benefits package is great (as well as the amazing pension) and they really do look after their staff. They also are doing a lot of work on Diversity and Inclusion.The only negative I would say is their communication needs to be better from the senior leadership team

Employee welfare, benefits

Nachteile

Communication from senior management, complicated structures

good place to work

good work culture and good manager. the team were well balanced and the work was very interesting with a wide variety. everything that you need to do your job is provided.

Overall pretty good

Overall it could be a lot worse. The pay is okay, management is good, compationate and recognise you're human. Strong team ethos but that is very dependant on where you work. Milton Keynes is known as the Ivory Tower as they are definately treated better than anyone on the ground but it that any different to any other business?
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

A fantastic place to work and discover so many different roles and projects

A great place to work and full of interesting and varied projects and programmesUse of the latest technologies and skill set from all across the UK and beyond

Great work/life balance

War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

A really good place to work.

I was working as a temp, but went for 2 full time interviews while there. They are really hard and failed both times. You really need to do your homework in preparing for an interview there.

Good working environment.

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Track Technician

Good place to work - must be willing to work weekends & nightshift. Good chance of progression & plenty opportunities to develop knowledge through different courses.

Good salary

Nightshift & weekends

Good Place to Work

enjoy working here. Working from home available. Work - life balance is good and support from managers and career progression is always available.....

Team, Management

None really

Stressful and intense

Bullying management style induces stress and a culture of fear in employees, poor or little understanding of mental illness and how workplace stress can cause anxiety.

Salary

Nachteile

Long Hours expected and poor management
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Stressful and lonely job as safety manager

Working for network rail is fine if you work on track in maintenance, telecoms, signals etc. However I took a ‘promotion’ in 2015 to be a safety manager. I work almost entirely on my own with little help from senior managers. I earn £35000 for a 35 hour week. Officially that is. I don’t get paid overtime although I work probably 10-15 hours unpaid overtime each week. This is because network rail pay middle management on a ‘role clarity’ basis. I’d avoid Network Rail if you have a choice. Poor pay and a miserable place to work.

Vorteile

Use of Truck for work. Holidays.

Nachteile

Low pay. Not a fun place to work. Loneliness.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great people too work with

A very rewarding job great people and good training for all aspects of job role highly recommend worked for 32 years on railway wouldn’t of left but lost job due too contractor lying and so treated very poorly through disciplinary process didn’t want too listen too me or my team but otherwise a great job

Great pay and rewards

Management poor inexperienced

Terrible company!

I was extremely disappointed with working for Network Rail, after working hard and always doing what was required and more, the management did not want to save my job!There is massive wastage of money and the unions are far too powerful.The whole company needs to be reset from the top down, every person should go for there jobs again as there are too many wasters and hanger-ons who are playing the system.The off track supervisor and manager were never grateful and always knew how to work the system!Dont ever think a job on the railway is a job for life as it isnt!

Easy basic hours

Poor money
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great place to work and great people to work with

Overall a great experience for me, great levels of knowledge within the company. Good work load to remain busy and still have time to yourself. Would recommend.

Great balance work/family

Nachteile

Travel, depending on which route you cover
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Some Management need a wake up call

Management are useless. Nothing more than bullies. The job is good, but it fails with the poor moral caused by some management. There has been loads of grievances put in against one or two bullying management, but nothing is done about it, even though its proven time after time.

Vorteile

good pay, good training, good hours

Nachteile

bad management and hours expected to be done for free every night
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Chance to work on major infrastructure projects with really diverse teams

Whole range of experience and projects. Chances to diversify and specialise in different fields. Excellent supported continuing professional development.

No comment

I find Working there over the past 2 years and 9 months a good place to workThey have good standard and processes The team are competent and a good learning atmosphere Though there is no job security which was escalated due to covid and pandemic
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Offered a permanent role.

While on 6 month contract got offered a permanent role or so I thought.It was just a ruse to get me stay for 3 months more.The company just hire and fire when they want.Now they have problems as everyone in the area knows this trick now.They have big problems as the people who can do the job have now left.Lots of managers doing pointless paperwork.Nobody doing the work.Some people get paid alot of money to produce documents and they fail at even this.If the public new how much some of these people got paid their would be a lot of upset people.Also a lot of contracts for cutting the grass and blowing the leaves off of the grass...bizarre.

Nachteile

Them and us management style
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Good benefits but very slow

The pay is great and the career development is really good but the job culture isn't great and communication is lacking and because the company has so many people isn't hard to find the a direct point of contact.

Vorteile

Great hours and relatively flexible

Well structured

Well structured department and team. Inclusive and supportive network of staff. Good progression. Reviews and appraisals. Interesting engineering roles.

Temporary member of staff

I was at Network Rail for a few months. I was treated fairly and the same as any other member of permanent staff. Management were great, and very approachable. I really enjoyed my time there.

Great staff
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great place for career development

Network rail is a very good place to work. Great management that will mentor you to progress within the industry. Good pay and every day is different.

Good work life balance

Exciting and engaged teams

My team leadership and inclusivity with support was better than many other organisations I've worked for.The passion and depth of knowledge with the willingness to share for everybody's advancement was impressive.

Atmosphere and collaboration

Nachteile

Administration and resource housekeeping could benefit from updating and spring-clean.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Network Rail. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.Frage stellen

Gesamtbewertung

• Unternehmen
  • Network Rail
  • Bewertungen
Sagen Sie uns, wie wir diese Seite verbessern können
Was würden Sie hinzufügen oder ändern?