Bewertungen für QIAGEN

Alle 59 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.
Sortierung nach: Hilfreichste | Bewertung | Datum
Arbeitskultur
Customer Service Representative (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Valencia, CA18. September 2019
I would work there again but they moved out of state

It’s a family environment company and thy care about your needs and are lenient if you have any emergencies
2,0
I wouldnt recommend
Project Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Frederick, MD12. September 2019
The company is extremely revenue driven, no care for employees. Employees are asked to work more than 40 hours and yet no compensation is given. A lot of indivdiuals who do minimum stay the longest and those who work hard are not recognized. There is alot of favortism.
2,0
Arbeitskultur
Authoritarian style interest in their workforce
SAM (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Germantown, MD4. September 2019
Qiagen is in some ways a typical large company. It's hard to communicate appropriately across teams, the boat doesn't turn quickly and management seems disconnected. You definitely get the feeling that you are a replaceable cog in the wheel, and I personally had a hard time taking much pride in my job. I usually have an easy time with pride in my job, so that is not the issue.

Now for the bad. The company culture is to outwardly strive for the best, and talk that talk, while dealing with a very slow and supposedly efficient bureaucracy. From what I've seen, most employees there are mediocre and the ones whom can last the longest are those whom fly under the radar. They do just enough not to get fired but aren't really team players. This point of view is from sales, so I can't really attest very strongly to other departments.

I can say this is one of those companies that tries to sets their sales team up to fail. A good year is rewarded with highly increased sales targets. The last two years I was there, only 2 people on my team of over a dozen made their targets at 100% or a little better. For those whom got over 100%, commission is theoretically uncapped, but the incentive isn't there. Extra commissions over 100% are generally too small to be a big motivation.

I personally had a very bad manager as well. This person would get drunk and chatty with other employees, including those directly under him/her and would let far too much be known about their opinions on everything under the sun. Very unprofessional. Also, this manager did not defend their
  mehr... team well, and would either be at one extreme of in your face with demands for the sake of demands, or totally unavailable. This manager may not reflect on the entirety of the company, but made my experience there much worse.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, and the team-mates directly around you whom are competent. That's what I focused on to enjoy what I was doing, and I did enjoy it despite all the negative things I've mentioned above. Some of the products are top notch as well, and so that is always a big help.
  Weniger
Vorteile
Not much oversight on expenses, good pay, great benefits, some great products to sell
Nachteile
Overall culture and atmosphere or mediocraty
Arbeitskultur
Qiagen does not micro-manage. All managers are personal and accessible, very good work culture and integlligent/thoughtful employees work there.
Technical Service Scientist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Germantown, MD11. Juli 2019
I would strongly encourge working for Qiagen. It is one of the best biotech companies to work for in today's world ---personal and caring managers, highly competent professionals and a great team cooperation. I also appreciate the mutl culture working enviroment very much.
flexible
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 2Melden
Family oriented
Project Leader (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Valencia, CA7. Juni 2019
The work atmosphere was great. Felt like family. Everyone was nice and friendly no matter the department you worked in. Loved my co workers. Flexible.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1NeinMelden
Lack of vision
Territory Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  St. Louis, MO5. Juni 2019
I was not there long enough to accurately assess this company. They hired and dissolved an entire sales force within less than 2 years. That is the information I can provide
NA
NA
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 2NeinMelden
Did what they needed
Technical Writer (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Beverly, MA8. April 2019
Went there on a requisition written for a length of time to cover another's absence and fulfilled my contract and stayed a little longer when asked as I have done elsewhere. Simple, job done.
Arbeitskultur
Bureaucratic environment with too many restructures
HR (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Germantown, MD4. April 2019
Flex work hours and flex dress code

Too political and horrible management. Bullying is tolerated. Restructuring every year with no rhyme or reason. No planning.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 5NeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
Decent company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Boise, ID28. März 2019
Qiagen treated us fairly with compensation and benefits. I found the goals silly and annoying and I was inundated with filling out multiple reports for the same documentations.
Not overly micro-managed
Nachteile
Never felt safe with my job prospects
Feels like non BPO
Manager (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Manila28. März 2019
my boss listens to me
they respect my off hours, no one literally works weekends and local holidays
people want to hear what you have to say.

blah blah - silly text requirement
flexible hours
still growing
Arbeitskultur
Nice place to work with good employees
Field Service Specialist (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  from Home6. März 2019
Qiagen is a good place to work. the Work life balance is as it should be. the Management are good but the organization could be better.

the benefits could also be better
Churn and burn culture
QuantiFERON Hospital Sales Specialist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  CO27. November 2018
This job embodies everything that is terrible about corporate culture. Unachievable sales goals, metric-driven mentality, stressed-out middle management, few opportunities for advancement & no training.
Vorteile
Compettive base salary & benefits package
Nachteile
Metric-drive culture, unachievable sales goals
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 4Nein 1Melden
Very productive work environment
Software Test Engineer II (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Gaithersburg, MD10. Oktober 2018
Very meaningful work, friendly yet very professional culture. I learned quite a bit about organizational management, and had the opportunity to interact with upper levels of management.
Good benefits
3,0
new experience
Supply Chain Specialist (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  dolnośląskie27. Juni 2018
Pluses:
*good salary
*good place to start your career
*good teamwork
*work with people from all over the world

Minuses:
*lack of development opportunities
*poor Management
*disturbed level of job work/life balance
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 2Nein 2Melden
Great company
Field Service Technician dispatch (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Germantown, MD18. Juni 2018
At Covance, we are recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you’ll partner on diverse, industry-shaping initiatives across the drug development spectrum as you build relationships with thought leaders and supportive colleagues which will last a lifetime.
Great Compnay
Great Company
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 4Melden
pimg pomg tablr
Senior Strategic Account Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Germantown, MD9. Juni 2018
Too many changes at the top. Field sales rep wiih direction continually changing
Field sales rep in the field on a daily basis meeting with customers
company car
Nachteile
too many continual changes at the top
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 2Melden
Arbeitskultur
Great technology but poorly managed
Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Washington, DC24. April 2018
The company should go private so they can invest in R&D without having to stretch each quarter to make numbers, which involves cutting people and investment. For how many years will the company continue to make these kinds of mistakes? It's really not encouraging to see this situation persist.
Nice people
Short-term leadership
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3NeinMelden
Fun office, great managers
Executive Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Redwood City, CA9. Januar 2018
I had the best executive staff at Qiagen. They were thoughtful, kind and kept me busy. The office is located on a beautiful walking path and the gym was AMAZING.
Executive Assistant (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Gaithersburg, MD4. Januar 2018
I loved working for QIAGEN. There was a lay off and my position was not needed in the Gaithersburg office. Co-workers and people there were great. I would recommend working there.
Positive people
Can't think of any
Arbeitskultur
QIAGEN une entreprise innovante et stimulante
Demand Generation Manager (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Home Office13. Dezember 2017
Flexible working hours and good work/life balance
Possibility of progression and promotions
Possibility of moving to different departments
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 1Nein 1Melden
Beanspruchtes Unternehmensprofil

Sie möchten wissen, wie es ist hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei QIAGEN. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage