U.S. Army

3,7Work-Life-Balance

Sortierung nach

HilfreichsteBewertungDatum
85 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser SucheAlle 79.210 Bewertungen ansehen

Angenehmer Arbeitgeber wenn man nicht aufsteigen möchte

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
Rundum Zufrieden und gute Arbeitsatmosphäre jedoch ohne große Aufstiegschancen wegen flacher Hierarchie in meiner Abteilung
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

A challenging but rewardingplace to work.

This was not a 9-5 job, but it gave me plenty of opportunities to advance my knowledge and leadership experience. Workplace culture is great. The most enjoyable part is being able to see the world.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Challenging, but they take care of you

As long as you can follow orders, it's a good job. You have to wale up early, but thats common for most jobs. You also get to meet some really cool people.

Great career

It was a great experience that gave me an opportunity to see the world and experience so many different people from many backgrounds and cultures. Shaped me into the person I am today.

Education, travel

War
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

It's what you make of it.

Good opportunity for travel, great benefits. Work culture can be awesome, but varies wildly depending on where and with whom you work. Hours can be a nightmare.

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

You get out of it, what you put into it

It's just that simple. Work hard and get rewarded. People will always find something to compain about, but if you stay at it and learn your job, you'll be fine.

What?

I was a contractor for the US army in Germany as a dental hygienist. I have NEVER worked in a more hostile environment. I was an E11, treated like a zero. Also much harassment by the EEO!! The management was atrocious, I felt like I was working in a junior high school. Workers would actually sabbatage sp? Other workers work. These were girls who were angry that other girl’s husbands had a higher rank. that other

Leadership dictates work atmostphere

The Army is made up of people from all walks of life. The Army has drastically changed. After 911 the Army allowed recruits in without a High School diploma, and criminal records requiring waivers. This is now the leadership. A unit can have the best working environment under one leader, and can change for the worse as soon as someone different takes over. Some leaders will provide tasks way above one's pay-grade but will not trust and micro manage personnel. Many leaders are "Say as I do, not what I say" type of leaders. I have had the opportunity to travel. I have also been able to complete my college degree and progress in my career.

Work

The culture inside the office was a very work driven enviroment. It was a fun a placeto work but it was a job that required a lot of focus and dedication. Delegating work to my soldiers was the hardest part of the job for, I had a very specific method of operation and only put out the highest quality of work. Work with soldiers who are eligible for promotion and even arranges the promotion ceremony, process classification or reclasification actions. Prepare orders and request for orders.

Job advancement, Overall beneficts, Travel oportunities

Extremely long hours. Short breaks
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great experience, just not a career for me

I definitely enjoyed my time a Parachute Rigger in the Army. However, the Army in general just didn't make me happy anymore and felt it was my time to move one. There are a lot of great opportunities and benefits in the Army, it just wasn't my personal preference of a life career.

Vorteile

Benefits, stable income, career progression

Nachteile

culture, a lot of time away from home, long work hours, mismanagement and under appreciation of enlisted members

Great Organization for selfless service

The typical things about a day in the Army are hard work, fun, camaraderie, and physical fitness. One of the things I learned in the Army is that everyone is stronger than they think they are. With the right encouragement and motivation an individual can do almost anything. Another thing I learned is how to leverage the different strengths of individuals in a team to accomplish a mission. The workplace culture in the Army is one that requires you to work as a team towards a greater goal. The fact that Soldiers work, live, sleep, and eat together makes them an extended family to the point that they will give there lives for each other. The hardest part of the job is losing touch with friends you make along the way. The most enjoyable parts of the job are making new friends, traveling, and knowing that you are a part of something greater than yourself.

Friendship, benefits, travel

Loss of friends
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Drafted....didn't want to die in VietNam but no choice

Did well on easy testing. got a job as a Company clerk. Assigned to Germany. Very make work type of job. mostly boring. Read a lot to make time pass. Traveled all through Europe ! Loved that. Have thanked Uncle Sam for that most of my life.

Vorteile

Office was warm and dry. Job was temporary

Nachteile

19 years old, 6, 000 miles away from home for two years.

great place to work

Joined in 1997 as a mechanic. I didnt know anything about maintenance. by the time that I retired I had acquired almost every skill in maintenance imaginable. i learned to work on vehicles as well as buildings.

everything

non

The cost of freedom...

The US Army was a means to an end. It prepared me for life once I chose to pursue other careers. Excellent travel opportunities, and exposure to many different cultures.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Very enjoyable balance of life

Each day would have its only challenges and bring better opportunities of growth that could be gain from the experience. I enjoyed the work culture and the mandatory traveled requirements of meeting new people and learning new things.

Army

Love the army put me in positions i would never be in because of the service, got to travel and meet a lot of people from different places on this earth !

Good benefits

Wear and tear on body
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

productive and best work culture

maintaining operating and Performing checks all heavy wheels military vehicle. work with people from all part of the world with different background, origins and races

It was an experience.

The military is not for everyone, you really have to want to do it and motivate yourself when the times get tough. It was a great experience and I would do it all over again in a heart beat, but I'm glad my time is over as well.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great organization to work for

The US Army is a great organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to choose where you would like to station. I chose to get stationed in Germany. As a result I get to travel pretty much more than a dozen countries. The hardest part of the job is being away from families and friends. I have learned leadership, resiliency etc

professional growth

Being away from home

Great

I joined the military to become a Military Police Officer, and I was successful. After 3 years, I changed to become a NBC agent. NBC=Nuclear, Biological, Chemical. I was assigned to a unit in Germany and was responsible to train the entire battalion how to successfully deal the NBC issues that may occur. I was also the Battalion Commanders driver, so I was able to see all of Western Europe. By far the best thing to happen to me in the military was when I met my future wife and we had a baby girl.

Family

Partial Separation

Good experience

While there is a fair share of rough times while being a soldier, there are plenty of moments during your time that you can find as a once in a lifetime experience. Commonly referred to as "The best worst time of my life.", if you plan on joining just be prepared for the unexpected. The people you meet while serving quickly become a family more than coworkers. It's physically demanding as well as mentally demanding.

Vorteile

Benefits

Nachteile

Deployments
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei U.S. Army. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.Frage stellen

Gesamtbewertung