U.S. Army

Vilseck133 Bewertungen
133 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser Suche
Alle 76.319 Bewertungen ansehen
Arbeitskultur
The US Army is a very demanding organisation that requires a high degree of dedication and service. The most difficult part of the job is the required time put in at work and time spent away from family. The work-life balance may leave something to be desired especially if one has a family. As a result of this imbalance in your work-life, the Army compensates you quite well for your time. Such as: an allowance for housing, food, clothing, and at least 30 days of vacation per year.
Arbeitskultur
Responsible for the overall management of the Defense Travel System (DTS) for the company of 2000 people, provided authoritative guidance concerning the Defense Travel System (DTS). Created a database to help the company to track its yearly budget, spending and to promote a transparent view of company’s improvement. Created, maintained and utilized individual profiles in DTS; resolved systematic issues involved in the establishment of organizations, groups, routing list, and setup of user files; authenticated TDY Orders for the organization; prepared and maintained DTS reports; coordinates, schedules, and verified flights, hotels and rental vehicles for Soldiers through civilian agencies such as SATO for major unit exercises, pre-deployment site surveys, and other temporary duty assignments.
Arbeitskultur
My typical days were very challenging and long.I learned a lot of life experiences. I also learned how to be discipline and effective as a worker.
The discipline
Nachteile
long hours time away from family
Arbeitskultur
love it the whole 10 years i was a part of it and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. awsome is the best thing to do.
Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen
Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen
Arbeitskultur
i planned and executed missions in afgahnistan during operation enduring freedom which was very fun and enjoyed the guys i worked with. loved going on mission and seeing all the different things that combat has to offer, some scary and some fun action packed.
loved my job
Nachteile
away from family and friends
Arbeitskultur
It was a very good experience being in the Army. I had a great time and developed many professional skills. The 12 hour shifts were a bit overwhelming but management tried to help out as much as possible.
Vorteile
Long lunches, four day work weeks available, paid vacation, health and dental benefits.
Nachteile
Possibility to work 24 hour shifts, no work/life balance, away from family 50% of the time.
Arbeitskultur
This organization provides structure and motivation to its employees through feedback, individual self-development training, and goals. Teamwork is encourage at all times by implementing cross-training and open communication. Team building is done through different activities and events. Team members and management have closed and positive relationships.
Arbeitskultur
There are many opportunities available with the U.S Army school wise to better your self and carrear. I learned alot in 6 year you start out learning how to take care of your self and then how to take care of others. The hardest part is dealing with the long hours theres days you work 12 to 15 hours a day but in the end its worth it. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to take care of new personnel that just came in show the the ropes and teach them their job.
Diverse workplace
Served in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom
Trained 15 man Security Forces Advisory Assistance Team in medical readiness

Stabilized patients and assisted with the medical evacuation of battlefield casualties

Provided incite and expertise on training assessments

Served as the principle instructor for Self/Buddy Aid and Combat Lifesaver courses

Trained Afghan Army in combat medical care

Assisted in creation of fully operational U.S. and Afghan Basic Aid Station

Awarded six medals, including a medal for Valor after rescuing and providing medical attention to a fallen soldier during a firefight
Arbeitskultur
a typical day at work starts with physical fitness in the morning and saluting the flag, after that we get about an hour and a half to get ready for work and eat breakfast then we go and work on the trucks or get ready for missions, train, or do office work sometimes we do all of these things in one day. As for my co-works they did the work and then some although they were not so good at team work. I learned leadership, how to take charge. I also learned to take responsibility for my actions and that my actions affect others, and to manage my time and others wisely. The hardest part of the job would have to be the stress and the lack of communication is the hardest part of the job, the management was good. as for the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be serving my country.
structure, healthcare
Nachteile
poor communication, not a lot of breaks or time
Arbeitskultur
Long days but great area to work in with great peer team work was always first and all jobs were done to standard in a timely manner
Arbeitskultur
My day would start off with physical training at 0630-0800. My work day would begin at 0930 where we would conduct checks on our equipment until 1130 where then we would be released for lunch. 1:00 PM is when we would return from lunch where depending on the day is what we conduct training on anywhere from Law Enforcement tactics, security tactics, land navigation, and medical training. My co-workers and i were considered a family it upmost encouraged since the possibility that we could be deployed was high so having a better bond with co workers made it easier to accomplish any mission due to the fact that we were a strong team. The hardest part of the job i would have to say would be the fact that you could be pulled from family for training cycles lasting from 1 week to 4 weeks or deploying for anywhere from 9-12 months. The most fun part of the job was the fact that it was always changing, would have to learn off the whim, and training that was difficult but yet fun.
Free housing, Free Meals, Good training, Good people to be around
Long Nights early morning
3,0
Arbeitskultur
- work long hours and have fun at work.
- great management

- on the job training
Arbeitskultur
I would wake up during the week at 5:00 A.M. to get ready for accountability which was at 6:20 A.M. We would do physical training then
after we were done at 7:30 am we went home showered and had breakfast and had to be at work at 9 am. I learned how to be responsible and always ready when my superiors needed my assistance. I got along well with my co-workers and supervisors. The best part of my job was knowing all the objectives or tasks were completed.
great beneifts
Nachteile
being away from my loved ones for a great amount of time
Arbeitskultur
Wake up, do PT, train till hurts, then train more, clean weapons for 8 hours, then eat sleep and repeat.
Training, experience, brotherhood
everything else
Arbeitskultur
A very physical work environment where you will learn a lot of different trades and meet people from all over the world.
Arbeitskultur
My army career was an great one it was nice to meet new people and cultures. There was some bad times but I would not display it on here. I will not disrespect my country or the branch I so proudly served. Just be where u needed to be when u needed to be there.
everything
Nachteile
some bad decisions making by supervisors
Arbeitskultur
I learned a lot about leadership from great mentors in the army. The Army has always had a family oriented atmosphere, so going to work was a pretty easy for me each day, no matter the circumstance. The most enjoyable part of my experience was that I got to see the world, whether it was for combat or change of duty station. The only thing I hated about my job the most was when there was no training or anything to do we would sit around and do nothing from 9am-11:30pm and from 11:30pm-5&6pm.
Vorteile
Medical Benefits, Security Clearance, Developmental Leadership Skills, and Steady Paycheck
Nachteile
deployments, no time for family, no steady schedule, long hours no overtime pay
Arbeitskultur
Very Stable workplace. Advancement was stable as well. Always new task and the days were never the same. I know for me it is hard to have a job in the normal world is hard due to doing the same things everyday. I learned more in one year in the military than most learn in a lifetime. it is true for every year you spend in the military it is five years off of your life, but it is worth every second of the journey.
Great people. awesome jobs
Nachteile
Long trips and duration from family
Arbeitskultur
The US Army has taught me a lot.
A typical work day could be anywhere from 8 hours to 24 hours

The hardest part of the job was leaving
3,0
Arbeitskultur
Was definitely a learning experience I can apply to myself for the rest of my life.