U.S. Army-Logo

49 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser SucheAlle 77.498 Bewertungen ansehen

Helicopter Mechanic

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
You have many positions in the Army that are more than your title. Some days your an office clerk, some days you're a janitor, and some days your a boss. It just depends on what the mission is. It's very exciting but it's also stressful.
Arbeitskultur

The Army isn’t for everyone.

You’re gone or traveling a lot. I was a single getting out into the world I grew up a lot after four years. Working 24/7 I was ready to get home again.

Ups and downs

I guess the army has its ups and downs at the end of the day I'm happy I joined but I would never go back at the same time and I can guarantee that 99% of people who have served feel the same way

It's the army

A large portion of the army experience is going to be the unit you are assigned too. Some are great and you will go far. Some are not going to like you from the start and try to keep you down or demote you. Consider your self and your choice before you believe everything your recurring office tells you

US Soldier/Veteran

I was a Soldier in the US Army stationed in Nuremberg Germany for 5 1/2 years. I have two MOS with them, What are Generator Mechanic (52 Delta) and Light vehicle mechanic (63 Bravo). I learned many skills while in the Army. I am also a Combat Veteran.

Teamwork, Friendships from all over

Long hours low pay

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

multi-cultured

work day 0630-1800 learned diesel mechanics engine replacement transmission replacement preventive maintenance checks and services POL storage and inventory
Arbeitskultur

Meeting new friends and above all became individually independent.

Training was hard and demanding. Learned to be physically fit and became independent. Management was very demanding yet understanding for our own good. Culture was different than civilian life but was a learning experience. Hardest part of the job having to go on duty at weird hours of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job was having time off and enjoyed nice clean fun with my fellowmen.

good benefits

Working weird hours

Fun, great friends

I would do it all again if I could. I loved being in the Army it was one of he best things I have ever done!! I love this country and I am proud to be a soldier. I was medically discharged due to the fact that I was injured and there was nothing more that could be done for me to be able to stay on active duty and still be able to do my job. I would highly recommend this job to anyone who is willing to put there life on the line for your fellow brothers in arms!!

Job security

War

Army

The Army changed my life, seeing the world was a great experience to me. I learned a lot about life in general, how to lead and follow or get out of the way.
Arbeitskultur

Enjoyed it for the most part

I liked active duty, for the most part, I met a lot of people from all over the U.S., and my platoon was very close, we always interacted with each other, both on and off duty. Health benefits were outstanding. I enjoyed it for the most part. If anyone asks me which service would be best, I always tell them to go active duty and avoid reserves or national guard.

Vorteile

Healthcare benefits, travel, close platoon

deployment

Jobs bei U.S. Army

Mechanic positions
Weitere Jobs anzeigen
Arbeitskultur

Intense work place, very strict management, high pace maintenance, institutionalize environment

Day to day maintenance on Blackhawk helicopters, and periodic maintenance procedures were done on many aircraft. Learned how to teach others my job, learned how to apply my mechanical skills, learned how to operate heavy machinery. Very professional workplace, with strict guidelines and regulations. Hardest part was being away from family. Best part of the army was the travelling, and flying in helicopters.

Generator Mechanic

Traveling to other military posts and performing preventive checks and services on varies componentes on the different sizes of generators. Repairing or replacing worn and or defective parts.

Weekends and Holidays off

Nachteile

Long driving time to other military posts

Great learning experience

Learned all aspects of Logistics for large unit/company. Primarily the repair and service of equipment, but also the requisition and storage of repair parts.

Great learning

All should go it will teach you life There nothing to tell . You must experience it the benefits are good and you can see the world. I recommend it for everyone

experience

war

Proud to have served

Liked it until the contractors took over maintenance, then it was time to get out. Got kind of ugly during the drawdown. Everyone should serve.

Vorteile

Great place to learn a job skill

Just time to move on

The U.S. Army.

The Army isn't for everyone but if can survive In-Processing, Basic Training, and A.T.I. ( Advanced Individual Training) you're half way there. Once you reach your Permanent Party station things become a little more relaxed.
Arbeitskultur

Good learnig experience as a young man.

Good learning experience, I was following my dads foot steps serving my country. I enjoyed the travel and learning how to become a leader. Hardest part of the job was being so far away from home. Best part meeting new people.

Great Career

Very proud to have served my country. Very rewarding career. Sawe lots of places in the world. Great training to be the best at what you do.

Serving your Country

US Military

We worked hard and we lived hard. The US Military is a great place to learn a skill set that you can apply everyday. The are several other benefits to working for the US Military.

grat travel opportunities

My training as a "mechanic" was a joke and I was not even authorized to change oil. The trainng I received could not be transferred to civilian life.

great travel opportunities

head games
Arbeitskultur

Work, troubleshooting faults, installing parts

Come to work and get my work load for the day and keep my manger up to date on whats going on with the equipment I'm working on. I learned my job even more. There was really nothing hard about my job as a laborer.

Vorteile

free tools to work with.

• Unternehmen