U.S. Army-Logo

26 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser SucheAlle 77.316 Bewertungen ansehen

United States Army

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
The United States Army can be a huge stepping stone for people. You can obtain training in whatever skill you are seeking. You are also entitled to, after reaching certain criteria, to attend college. Your military benefits will pay for the tuition and fees for the school you want to attend. The United States Military provides people with great opportunities to advance toward their short and long term goals.
Arbeitskultur

The good

Schooling is paid for (50 grand of it), travel is unparalleled in terms of cheap. I visited a lot of the world, but it was also under rules and such. The only part is, you can freely quit like any other job. This will make you honor commitments.
Arbeitskultur

Ahh the army. Good times.

There were some good times. There were some bad times. As much as the bad times were bad, the army was one of the greatest experiences of my life and i highly recommend it.

Great friendships

Wake up at 0530 mon-friday to report at 0630. Do physical training from 0630-0800. Recieve daily task at 0800- 0810. Breakfast 0810-0930. Show up to work at the right time, right uniform, right place to perform daily task. work from 0930-1130 then go off to lunch. Come back from lunch at 1300 to finsh where we left off. Until task was complete we would get released. Hardest part about this job was dealing with people who did not care about the job and would not take it serious. Most enjoyable part of the job at the end of the night were the stuff that would happen throughout the day and the friendships you make.

Productive but draining. Limited Family TIme

Constant work rotations, 20+ hour days, non-stop physical demand. It wears on you and your body. Not for the timid and definitely not for those incapable of self management.

Full benefits, 401k, college tuition

Nachteile

No true days off, and no actual life off duty/work

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Active Duty Army

Lots of travel and great experiences. I wish I had been wiser older and more traveled when I went overseas. My military experience made who I am today

Hard work pays off

Wake up 5 am get dressed go do intense workouts 1 hour to get ready for work after work until 1130 go to lunch come back at 1300 usually sooner than later work until 1800 sometimes 2000 UNTIL THE TASK IS COMPLETE NO ONE WILL GO HOME except officers because they do what they want bad leadership from the highest ranks trickles down onto you working as hard as you can everyday to fix mistakes the only saving grace is your battle buddies that will support you and help with tasks they hardest part was ALWAYS WORKING ALL THE TIME while others who are higher rank than you can sit around doing administrative work in air conditioning my commander was new he was NOT TRANSPARENT he was a fake and i did not respect him for how he treated us he only wanted career advancement *officers generally treat you like a neanderthal knuckle dragger * first sergeants will always look out for you but you have to gain their respect respect is earned through hard work and dedication or you can brown nose your way to the top the choice is yours

Vorteile

ya ya free food at the defact but they take 350 from you every month no matter if you eat or not

toxic environment

Self growth

Would always recommend joining any branch of the military for a couple of years. It will teach people how to be humble and more grateful for what they currently have. At the beginning, the hardest part would be the sleep deprivation, but eventually the body would get used to it. I found going to the ranges to fire a variety of weapons to be the most enjoyable part of the job. It is a great way to meet and build connections with people from all over the world and different backgrounds.

Vorteile

Great experiences to have under your belt

Fast paced

sometimes provided a stressful environment but you learn to adapt to it really fast. The relocating provides opportunity to explore the world. Best time of my life!
Arbeitskultur

it was the worst thing ever

very horrible just a no go the pay is horrible, the "benefits" are horrible, management is the worst, and everything is always your fault. you have no say in what ever you want to do
Arbeitskultur

No one typically knew what was going on

Spent too much of my own money trying to stay in the proper uniform and to maintain deployable in order to protect the nation. On a typical day no one seems to know what is going on and what to do.

Good people

Nachteile

Never knew what was going on day to day

A great job

Good job and a great place to enter and start your career. The job helped me to be a better person and learn about life from more and experienced people.

it is the army

it is the army

And some really good way to learn Who You Are What You're Made Of

It's nice to be able to see the world new people new places new cultures I believe that everyone should serve at least four years and they're in some kind of some kind of federal program our military it should be required that's my opinion

Free food free rent

Nachteile

You can seriously get hurt

Perfect

I enjoyed my time in the US Army. The on the job training was terrific not to mention the ability to travel and meet people from all over the world. This is the best job I have ever had.

Best job in t the world

Bar none the best job I've ever had. Travel the world for free. Exciting work and excellent pay and benefits. The down sides are obvious and dont need explaining.

work, travel

isolation abroad possible
Arbeitskultur

America is the best country on the planet and our army is why

Life changing, brotherhood and family oriented and driven. Hard working, skilled trained and professional in warrior tasks and drills. Very Physical and mentally Demanding.

Time Tested

The Army has a certain way of doing things. Fortunately, many of its procedures are quite appropriate and effective. The Army cares tremendously for its soldiers. I always felt as if my sergeants were looking out for my best interest.

A way of life

The Army is not for everyone but for those who want to serve their Country and do something meaningful with their life it is a great starting point for young men and women.

Trained skills

Nachteile

Adjustment back into civilian life
Arbeitskultur

learned responsibility and discipline.

getting along with people from all over the world. traveling to different parts of the world learning to live in the hottest abd coldest elements.

US Army

My Service to the Nation will always be special to me. It has truly been an honor to serve the men and women of the Armed Forces in defense of the US Constitution.
Arbeitskultur

Structured and fast paced lifestyle with great training and awesome individuals

I learned how to properly conduct time management. I perfected on how to be a leader as well as a follower and active listener to all those around me regardless of age, race, size or rank. I feel like in the Army I've met some of the most hardworking Americans one could ever met. I've gained not only friends for a lifetime but also family members regardless of whom we were born to. The most enjoyable part of being in the army is the comradery. We weren't just team members, we were a tight knit family. The parts that were the hardest for me was having to use a weapon, having to deal with individuals who felt they were better than you because of their ranking. Proving to everyone that yes, I am worthy of being here as well as the next person. Hardest part about the army period, is proving yourself and I feel as if I did just that.

Vorteile

paid housing, food, excellent training, skills you can use in civilian life

Nachteile

food was horrible, being overseas, unable to see family members, not being able to take vacations like in the civilian life.