U.S. Army-Logo

25 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser SucheAlle 77.307 Bewertungen ansehen

Productive workplace

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
I gained a lot of great experience with co-workers to develop my mechanical and leadership skills. These skills were I was able to transfer over to the civilian side of life, and has helped me complete tasks in many other aspects of life.

Army

The Army did for me what I hoped. Provides me with stability and a direction in life. I learned a lot about myself and my chosen career path, whilst facing adversity under strenuous circumstances.

Travel

Stress

Army

I can not answer too many questions about the Army because it was a long time ago. What I do recall is working hard and exercising five days a week, and was in the best shape during that time.

great benefits

it was an experience i will never forget. it has its pros and cons like you work alot and sometimes away from family quite a bit but in the end its all worth it.
Arbeitskultur

Fast paced and high stress

Worked weekdays and occasional weekends from about 5AM-5PM. Great job if you like to travel. Work can be challenging and you need to be able to adapt to whatever the situation requires.

healthcare

Nachteile

work hours vary with location and job

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Arbeitskultur

It's what you make of it

The army isnt for anyone thats not willing to learn. It has benefits that could set you up for suceess in the long run. The hours varies depending on your chain of command.

Learning Experience

I have learned a lot about responsibility, and what it truly means to take pride in your work, and I have gained a lot of discipline in myself. I love what the army has done for me and all I have learned. I will retain what meant most to me and apply it to my life. It was a great stepping stone and it helped me find my drive to what I really want in life.

Free living

Toxic Leadership

War

Many people get out because the Army deploys you over and over again. It's frustrating. I'm still friends with some of my Army friends and met my husband there. I don't recommend the military at all, especially during wartime. The pay isn't worth it at all.

Honored to Serve

The most enjoyable and the hardest part of the job was the nature of the job itself, being a soldier. A typical day at work consisted of accountability and wellness of soldiers, physical training exercise, drills, maintaining unit vehicles. I learned lifelong lessons such as teamwork and professionalism, loyalty, work ethics and to put others before myself. It was truly an honor to serve my country.

Exellent benefits

deployment
Arbeitskultur

Fun, and stressful organization to work for. I loved it.

Everyone should join military, and experience it for themselves. You'll meet great people, and develop a bond that you can only develop in the military.
Arbeitskultur

Culture shock and a wake up call

It is very hard to work with an individual that you know nothing about them or their culture. But you are thrown together and are told to make it work. Best part is getting to visit/travel on my time off. The worst part is working with newly - power hungry Non Commission Officers (NCO).

healthcare, dental, eyecare

Great

I enjoyed my 12 years in the army. It is indeed a culture shock at first, but once you are accustomed to the life it is rewarding. You will be given a lot of responsibility at times and then treated like a child other times. It requires a high level of dedication and commitment to make it in the military.

Greatest expericence.

Everyday was a mission! The mission was always completed that day or timely. Great place to grow and meet people from all parts of the world. So may skill acquired while in the ARMY.

Great structure and leadership

Long work hours.

The U.S. Army has a lot of Pros and Cons

The best part of the Army for me was getting to travel around, free training, and the job security/advancement. I'm a wheeled vehicle mechanic, so a typical day for me is 0630 physical training until 730. Then i go to the motor pool at 0900 until 1130. 1130 to 1300 lunch. 1300 to 1700 back at the motor pool doing repairs and services. I learned an incredible amount about mechanics over my 3 years as a mechanic, especially while deployed. My leadership and coworkers were amazing as far as the maintenance section. The hardest part of the job is anything not MOS related such as, formations, CQ shifts and staff duty.Also some people don't like deployments at all. The best part of my job is when I'm doing big repair jobs like replacing engines/transmissions. Overall create experience but, i'm glad i'm separating because I'm ready for new opportunity but, I would defiantly do it again if I had to choice.

Vorteile

benefits, Job security/Advancement, job training, vacation days

Formations, Additional duties, Mandatory training

Structured Environment

The training is consistent and never ending in regards to the position in which you work. There is everyday structure which allows for operations to run according to plan. The processes of the chain of command varies depending on the company and unit. The hardest part of the job is being away from family. The structure is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Arbeitskultur

team friendly but can perform easily on my own, I enjoy customer service, i'm detail oriented and have overseen crews of up to 5 people on job sites

I am team friendly but can perform easily on my own, I enjoy being a customer service professional, i'm detail oriented and have overseen crews of up to 5 people on job sites meeting dead lines and budget requirements,

Great place to be

The US Army has taught me a lot. A typical work day could be anywhere from 8 hours to 24 hours The hardest part of the job was leaving

As you'd expect

Albeit rigid it was fair. Advancement for those committed to lifetime service was apparent and freely available.

Security, advancement and support

Long term investment

Heavy Wheel Mechanic

• Worked on military vehicles and maintain our operational status by priority of jobs from our motor sgt. • Trained and assisted fellow soldiers of Preventive Maintenance Check Services. • Established reports to track for reports to the commander of our progress weekly. • Conducted Training for other soldiers to help their knowledge on military vehicles. • Deployed to IRAQ in 2003 with the 1st Armored Division • Filled out proper order forms for parts, lubricants and turn in destroyed parts • Expanded mission readiness on vehicles by 75% • Under extreme conditions and war situations, and heat and limited supplies continued to work and finish my mission at hand.

Army life

should have stayed in best job i had. hardest was nothing i could not get use to

being soldier

I grew up in the Army

The Army made me the man I am today. With leaders that take care of you like family, you really feel at home. The Army taught me skills that I still use today.