United States Department Of Defense

Deutschland113 Bewertungen
113 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser Suche
Alle 5.386 Bewertungen ansehen
Arbeitskultur
A very challenging work environment that requires mental commitment and capability to be very flexible
Arbeitskultur
Working for the Department of Defense gave me the opportunity to work on different source selections from service contracts to new technological needs.
Arbeitskultur
Youll spend half of your time doing nothing related to your job and youll work wildly different hours as a mechanic. Expect lots of time away from family and little to no time to yourself. Some of the perks is good benefits and decent pay. The military will provide you almost anything you need.
Arbeitskultur
Provide services to local community on relocation, Family advocacy, Parent support, employment readiness. Offers classes for family strength building, child abuse class for coaches, staff, and troop training.
Arbeitskultur
Days were dependent upon the mission. But typical an eight hour day. Self motivation is a plus. Teamwork is essential. Must be able to delegate have integrity and discipline. Very enjoyable.
Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen
Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen
3,0
Arbeitskultur
I really enjoyed my job/position and the people that I worked directly with on a daily basis. You can always find something to do and new things to learn.
Arbeitskultur
I truly enjoyed my job for most of my career. I had excellent managers and knowledgeable colleagues. During the last year though there was a change of management and it was very stressful. There were many changes established without prior testing and overall there was a lack of competent management. Within three years after I had retired, they scuttled the sitting management and began again.
Vorteile
travel if I wanted it, health insurance for life and a reasonable salary.
lack of competent management
Arbeitskultur
A typical day at work is answering and sending email to vendors and clients in German and Italy and Dallas, Tx. to verify account information, explaining technical information, getting correct invoice information, payroll, account numbers, line of accounting, to make sure very one is paid correctly and in a timely manner with disruption of services. Process claim vouchers, verify contracts, the provisions and all applicable laws are in place and within regulation.

Balancing budget monthly, handling Petty cash funds in euros and dollars with 100% accuracy rate.
Vorteile
Great Benefits and transfer as well as promotion
Sitting all day
Arbeitskultur
Great work environment like the long distance driving between cities of Europe overall good work atmosphere great benefits good work and good opportunity at the time had many friends and colleagues at the workplace I enjoyed my job as a courier
Arbeitskultur
Fast paced environment with a lot of responsibility to carry out the mission of providing the customers with the best service and products. Management and supervisors were always willing to help.
Great pay
Nachteile
if hired overseas you need to be 3 years in the position in order to get a transfer
Arbeitskultur
Enjoyed the population I served, it was very rewarding. As with any government position, the only downfall is the length of time to get hired. Process is too long.
Arbeitskultur
As an employee of the department of defense, you are presented with a multitude of opportunities. It is completely up to you as an employee to take advantage of opportunities that are presented.
Traveling
Traveling
Arbeitskultur
The DOD hired a contracting company which provided psychiatric services to Service Members and their dependents. They provided qualified professional in the area of child and adolescent psychology/psychiatry.
Vorteile
Excellent professional staff and colleagues to work with.
Bureaucratic red tape.
Arbeitskultur
great time serving the best customers in the world: Military families
Fast paced but very rewarding and fulfilling in helping our customers to achieve their mission with a peaceful mind.
Arbeitskultur
Working with the DOD is an opportunity to have unlimited career advancement, excellent benefits, structure, and a collaborative effort to support the DOD in their overall missions.
Arbeitskultur
Multi- tasking. Working under continuous pressure.
Arbeitskultur
Working for the US Army Europe can be fun and interesting. Like most government agencies, it's rather large and unorganized. But it does provide pretty good job security.
Job secuiry
Nachteile
Large organization, lots of corporate politics
Arbeitskultur
I would go in each day to review lesson plans that were left for me. I was able to use past experience in order implement those plans. Because I was in many different classrooms, I was able to work with students from different countries. I was also able to learn several different ways to teach depending on the subject. The hardest part of the job was not knowing form day to day what subject I would be teaching in. The best part was working the students.
Great pay for each day
No benefits
Arbeitskultur
Instructed operator maintenance to teachers.
Maintained thirty IBM computer systems. Rebuilt systems that failed. W95c was the operating system that connected to NT4 severs. Many changes have occurred since 1997 in technology and education techniques.
Vorteile
DOD Schools are in a miltary environment really different from civilian schools
Arbeitskultur
A wonderful place to work and see the wold. I have enjoyed the many years I have been with them. I would encourage anyone to apply for a career with DoD.
Arbeitskultur
Very long work hours Soldiers training time including 24 hour duty, great environment to build upon your future objetive before leaving the military to attain a civilian job career.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?
Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?
Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei United States Department Of Defense. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.
Gesamtbewertung