University of Maryland University College

Deutschland18 Bewertungen
18 Bewertungen entsprechen dieser Suche
Alle 966 Bewertungen ansehen
Arbeitskultur
I only work there PART-TIME as teach two classes a week. Pay is per class, not per month or hour. I love teaching and helping others which this position of associate professor allows me to do.
Arbeitskultur
Loved working for the University! They were a great employer. The workplace was managed well and organized. The employees were friendly and helpful to students.
1,0
Arbeitskultur
Many employees are reluctant to speak up about the negative changes implemented by top administrative and academic leadership coming from Asia in 2017 to Kaiserslaurtern, Germany. Morale is low, leadership has been ineffective at explaining the reasons for change. Recently, academic faculty members have been reduced in rank and compensation after years of service. No explanation - draconian measure.
Vorteile
The administrative staff members continue to work effectively in a poor work environment.
Nachteile
The administrative staff does not understand the negative impact of the project based curriculum.
Arbeitskultur
Once a class was started, I enjoyed the inter action between myself and the students. I enjoyed directing projects for them to explore. I learned something from each of the students papers.
Working with the students
Nachteile
Not really knowing if a class was going or not.
Arbeitskultur
This job was very rewarding, as it provided me the opportunity to work with service members and their families. In Landstuhl Germany we had the most degree options, making it easy to promote programs that are in high demand. The school focuses on student before profit and allowed me and my coworkers the flexibility to help each student maximize their ability to get as much school completed in asl short period of time.
Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen
Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen
Arbeitskultur
Best place I have worked. Rewards you educationally and allows you to help others on their path to great achievement. Rewarding to work with military members, students, and faculty.
Arbeitskultur
I would come in, set up classes, lock up the building when everyone left. I learned new software when working with the teachers. There would typically be 3-5 classes happening at once on different floors. I enjoyed meeting new teachers and students each month
Vorteile
resume building and technical skills
Arbeitskultur
Issues with scheduling. Overall good place and fulfilling, but have to be available and sometimes there is not enough students even though the class is supposed to happen. This can be frustrating.
Arbeitskultur
The University of Maryland is a great university to work with, but unfortunately, there are not a lot of full-time positions available for career advancement for overseas staff members.
Vorteile
Great opportunity to give back to the community through teaching
Few full-time positions available
Arbeitskultur
The early nineties in Heidelberg was a great experience. The number of other young people working for this company made it a wonderful experience. Would do it again.
Arbeitskultur
Working at the University of Maryland was very exciting and serviced all of Europe. We were able to drive to the Netherlands. The cycle was the beginning of the semester and the end of the semester for receiving and shipping text books throughout the military installations in Europe,
Arbeitskultur
-Provides decent pay and benefits
-Provides good work schedule

-Great colleagues

-Little to no advancement opportunity
Tuition Assistance, Student Job
Organizational Communication
Arbeitskultur
I learned and grew in the business office. Great place to start your career. The management team is very helpful and will work with you among work life balance. People in my team were friendly and helpful. Lead were good in training me and allowing me to learn independently. Overall, the university was a great start in my career path.
Arbeitskultur
customer service to all students within the graduate program. mail processor/data processor. documents/letter processor. communicating with students
communication/schooling
Arbeitskultur
This was a part time position that provided a new experience in teaching in an adult setting. I would get to work an hour before class would start in order to be sure I had everything necessary to teach the class and so that students woudl be able to speak to me before hand if there were any questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students learn and understand. The most difficult part was being sure that I was meeting all of the requirements by the university.
Vorteile
Part time, close to home, and flexible hours.
Nachteile
Classes only taught if there are a minimal amount of students.
Arbeitskultur
This position required excellent verbal and writing skills. The daily duties encompassed several email requests and explanations of accounts to students. It is also beneficial to be sensitive to the fact that many service-members may be in a high danger zone and not in the best state of mind. These people need to receive the most reliable information and assistance not only to serve their education needs but to ease their state of mind.
Arbeitskultur
A great place to work. Job was challenging but I learnt a lot about managing people, keeping the communications lines open between the different offices and creating a positive environment in which to work. This was very rewarding as everyone felt valued and productivity increased. While sometimes our daily routine was the same, answering emails, phones and billing our customers or dealing with irate customers, we kept the environment positive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and the hardest part of the job at first was learning how to be successful as a supervisor but I found that very challenging and rewarding and learnt a lot.
good working environment
3,0
Arbeitskultur
I only had time to teach one quarter so my perspective is limited.
Weitere Bewertungen zu University of Maryland University College
Sie können Folgendes versuchen:
Registriertes Unternehmensprofil
Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?
Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei University of Maryland University College. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.
Gesamtbewertung