Vanderbilt University Medical Center
3,8 von 5 Sternen.
Erhalten Sie wöchentlich aktuelle Informationen, neue Stellenangebote und Bewertungen!

Bewertungen für Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Bewertungen nach Kategorie

3,7Work-Life-Balance

Sortierung nach

HilfreichsteBewertungDatum
Alle 1.291 Bewertungen werden angezeigt.

Low pay and parking passes/policies

Top-Bewertung auf Indeed

Hilfreichste Bewertung, ausgewählt von Indeed
Would be better if paid more, and decreased parking pass prices. They're losing many great employees from lack of competitive packages and struggle to staff
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Rewarding work in a good environment for a good cause

First, keep on mind VUMC is a big organization and not every department is the same. That said, VICTR is a wonderful department to work in. The leadership is knowledgeable and helpful. They believe in their credo and everyone adheres to it. I've never witnessed yelling, talking down, etc., which I've seen way too many times at past jobs. The pay is at least average if not above, especially considering they are a non profit and funded by grants. Unlike most jobs where you are essentially getting paid to make someone else more money, here your effort is going towards medical research that might really save someone's life one day. At the very least it's for something positive and not profit driven, which really shows in the workplace culture.The only real negative is that being a larger entity, there can be a lot of hoops to jump through at times instead of just doing what obviously needs to be done. However, there are trade offs with any company and all larger organizations have these company wide policies that can be cumbersome.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

I truly enjoyed each and every clinic I worked in during my tenure at Vanderbilt.

I worked with the most remarkable people at Vanderbilt.Your Staff is amazing.Everyone was always eager to help me to be the best worker I could be in order to give the best service to each and every patient.Thank you for the opportunity.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Great team environment and management that cares about nurses

I work at Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital as an RN and I have nothing but good things to say about this hospital. It has a great community feel and I am always comforted to know that my coworkers have my back when I get in the weeds. I do wish I were paid more, but I also recognize this is a common complaint across the entire bedside nursing field.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Clinic team is great but don't expect any help from management

I work at a medium -small clinic and we all get along just fine so that part is great, and the provider is wonderful but management isn't on site so if there's an issue (such as being short staffed) don't expect any help from management. There's been a few times when it's only been one nurse by herself (both times the nurse was new to the clinic too) with way too many patients barely struggling to cope with everything plus still learning out clinic specifics. Did we get any support from management? NOPE! Not even once did someone come by and check on us. Any time we do get help, that help gets pulled off to another clinic because that clinic has a higher patient volume. So we get to be short staffed because someone else is short staffed? Yeah management a joke!

Vorteile

Off on weekends and major holidays

Nachteile

Management is pretty much the root of all out problems

Bewerten Sie Ihr aktuelles Unternehmen

Teilen Sie Ihre Erfahrungen, um anderen zu helfen

Depends on what department/management

I’m happy in my day to day life because I work with/for great, flexible, kind people and my work is fulfilling. Both of these metrics can vary greatly depending on the lab you work in. Organizationally- I feel grossly underpaid (ESPECIALLY with the insane cost of living in Nashville) and parental leave benefits are confusing and severely lacking. And it’s outrageous that employees pay several hundred dollars/year to park. I feel a massive disconnect between upper management and employees. We don’t care about a 10% discount in the cafeteria or a cutting board for Christmas. Pay us fairly.

Learning Environment

teaching hospital so always able to learn something new. good coworkers in MICU. most everyone is willing to help if you need it. not enough care partners for the acuity/patient load.

Nice place to work

Great scheduling, great management, good benefits. They definitely live up to the Vanderbilt name. They treat everyone fairly. Pay could be a little better, but still not bad.

Just a number

At best, Vanderbilt provides access to a plethora of subspecialties that will allow you to provide better care for the patient. However, the work culture is toxic. Management cares very little about physician health or wellness and patients are just dollar signs.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Don’t even know the managers name

Working with residents was very difficult. They are constantly changing and putting in new orders due to their indecisiveness. It puts such a strain on nursing and the patients. So many unnecessary tests and scans being done, I can’t imagine these patients to bills.

Vorteile

Can always learn something new

Nachteile

Management, unfriendly charge nurses, inexperienced nurses, doctors
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Stay away if you care about the future of Nursing

This place was very oblivious to their own systems failures and took no accountability or respect for nursing or the patients they claim to care about. Low morale here and always do more with less was encouraged. Dangerous workplace overall.

No support system.

Highly suggest you steer clear of this hospital. They have and will throw you to the wolves, not let you report your mistakes like you want to do and don’t support you

You know going in to trust NO ONE

Everything. SHADY, 💩💩people

Love vumc!

I joined VUMC in 2016 and thoroughly enjoy working for an organization that is super focused on supporting our communities with superior clinical services.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Short staffed and over worked

Work life balance is hard. Mandatory overtime and incentive pay is nice but compared to the area pay is much lower. Always short staffed and not enough help when needed.

Unsafe work environment

This is not a safe place to work. Nurses are treated poorly and blamed for everything. They need to clean house metaphorically to fix the system problems. There is no just culture at VUMC and problems are swept under the rug.

Working for VU

Nachteile

Short staffing, poor management practices.

All NURSES should walk out

After covering up many system failures that resulted in a medication error, then throwing one nurse under the bus rather than taking the punishment from CMS you'd be a complete fool to work for in this culture and for these "leaders".

Nurses are scapegoats

Don't work here unless if you want to be a scapegoat to a dr or management. There is no support. Everything is always the nurses fault. Patient ratios are unsafe. Safety protocols in place are not effective cause equipment provided to prevent incidents do not work properly. Compensation is poor. No support staff. You are run ragged.

Vorteile

This place will make you rethink your career in healthcare.

Nachteile

This place will run your soul into the ground.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Decent start to your nursing career

I worked on a stepdown unit at VUMC. If you are looking for a well-paying, low-stress job, this is not it. However, I do think it is a great place for nurses to start. The nurse residency program was very helpful in kind of "hand-holding" your way into your first nursing job. On my floor, I felt like we had a good sense of team work and I felt bonded with my fellow nurses.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Don’t let the hype fool you

They care more about their public perception than the actual care they provide,… they are more interested in satisfaction scores than actual outcome of patients

Looks good on a resume

Pay and staffing
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

They’ll throw you under the bus

They cover up any mistake and by gosh if it went public they’ll throw you under the bus and not admit to wrong doings. Make sure to get malpractice insurance too.

Productive and teaching workplace

I have worked at several hospitals and this one by far has the best environment to learn in. There is ample opportunity for growth if that’s what you desire.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?

Möchten Sie wissen, wie es ist, hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.Frage stellen

Gesamtbewertung

3,6 von 5 Sternen für Unternehmenskultur
  • Unternehmen
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
  • Bewertungen
Verraten Sie uns, wie wir diese Seite weiter verbessern können?
Was würden Sie hinzufügen oder ändern?