Cell biologist - Industrial PhD candidate
About Cultimate Foods
We are a German startup in cellular agriculture on a mission to transform the food industry. In Cultimate we produce cell-cultivated intramuscular fat as an ingredient, for example, to elevate the taste, aroma & mouthfeel of plant-based products.
We are looking for a passionate cell biologist with experience in stem cell culture and metabolomics to join an Industrial PhD under the supervision of PD Dr. Antonina Lavrentieva (https://www.tci.uni-hannover.de/en/antonina-lavrentieva)
- Designs, executes and analyzes molecular and cell biology assays (q-/RT-PCR, Western Blot, Flow Cytometry, FACS, biochemical tests)
- Isolates stem cells from native tissue, develops mammalian cell lines and maintains Cultimate’s cell bank
- Maintains assays and SOPs to asses cell main characteristics and determine cell quality
- Manages accurate laboratory records and data, and prepares reports and presentations
- Conducts research on cell organization and function, including gene expression profiling, cellular bioinformatics, and signalling of cell expansion and differentiation, especially in adipogenesis
- Coordinates research activities with scientists specializing in other fields
- Monitors and operates specialized equipment and evaluates new technologies to enhance or complement current research
- Academic background (MSc) in a relevant field, such as Stem Cell Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Developmental Biology, or similar fields
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in stem cell culture, molecular biology and gene editing, with experience in relevant technology such as qPCR, Primerdesign...
- Demonstrated ability to manage & execute research projects
- Strong critical thinking and evaluative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Ability to conduct research and analyses of technology
- Superior knowledge of technology trends and curiosity
- Fluent English language skills, both written and verbal. German is a (strong) plus
- A competitive salary
- A strong focus on professional & personal development
- An inclusive workplace for diverse employees from all over the world
How to apply
Please, email Jordi@cultimatefoods.com with the name of the position as “Subject”, e.g. Industrial PhD position, including your CV. A motivation letter is a bonus.
Applications using “easy apply” will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2024