Bioprocess Engineer - 3D stem cell culture
About Cultimate Foods
We are a German startup in cellular agriculture on a mission to transform the food industry. In Cultimate we produce cell-cultivated intramuscular fat as an ingredient, for example, to elevate the taste, aroma and mouthfeel of plant-based products.
We are looking for a passionate bioprocess engineer with experience in bioprocess and suspension cell culture in bioreactors.
- Design, optimise, and scale up bioprocesses for the production of cell-cultured intramuscular fat using suspension cell culture in bioreactors
- Lead process development efforts to ensure efficient and consistent production of high-quality cell-cultured intramuscular fat
- Monitors and operates specialised equipment
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including biologists and food scientists, for continuous bioprocess improvements and adaptations towards the final product formulation
- Analyze and interpret data to guide process improvements, troubleshoot issues, and ensure regulatory compliance
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in bioprocessing to drive innovation within the company
- Academic background (MSc, PhD) in a relevant field, such as Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biomedical Sciences or similar fields
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in suspension cell culture, upstream and downstream processing techniques, and scale-up, with a focus on achieving high-yield and cost-effective production. Experience working up to 10-50L bioreactors is a plus
- Experience with stem cell culture, including expansion and differentiation processes. Experience in primary stem cells is a plus; experience in adipogenesis is a plus
- Proficiency in data analysis and statistical tools to assess process performance and identify areas for enhancement
- Design of experiments (DOE or DOX) methodologies to systematically optimize bioprocess parameters, ensuring robust and reproducible production of cultivated intramuscular fat
- Demonstrated ability to manage & execute research projects, and analyses of technology
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Superior knowledge of technology trends and curiosity. Prior exposure to the food industry or cellular agriculture is a plus
- Fluent English language skills, both written and verbal. German is a (strong) plus
- A competitive salary
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that values innovation and creativity
- A strong focus on professional and personal development
- Location in a super modern facility in Berlin (BerlinBioCube)
How to apply
Please, email Jordi@cultimatefoods.com with the name of the position as “Subject”, e.g. Bioprocess Engineer position, including your CV. A motivation letter is a bonus.
Applications using “easy apply” will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person
Expected Start Date: 01/02/2024