Cell biologist - Stem cells
About Cultimate Foods
We are a German startup in cellular agriculture on a mission to transform the food industry. In Cultimate we produce cell-cultivated intramuscular fat as an ingredient, for example, to elevate the taste, aroma and mouthfeel of plant-based products.
We seek a passionate cell biologist or biochemist with experience in (stem cell) culture media formulation.
- Conduct focused independent experiments on developing, characterizing, and validating novel formulations of cell culture media, including high-throughput screenings, for stem cells and adipogenesis
- Manage a library of raw materials and stock solutions for direct interface with liquid handling systems
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data, and prepare reports and presentations
- Conduct research on cell organization and function, including mechanisms of gene expression, cellular bioinformatics, cell signalling and cell differentiation
- Coordinate molecular or cellular research activities with scientists specializing in other fields
- Monitor and operate specialized equipment and evaluate new technologies to enhance or complement current research
- Academic background (PhD) in a relevant field, such as Cell Biology, Molecular or Chemical biology, Stem Cell Biology or a similar field
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in stem cell culture, and media development, with deep comprehension of metabolic pathways. Experience in the field of cell-cultivated alternatives is a strong plus
- Background in cell culture techniques and equipment, and demonstrated experience and knowledge of a variety of cell types, including stem cells and/or primary cells
- Familiarity with bioreactor systems and process development
- Strong critical thinking and evaluative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Ability to conduct research and analyses of technology
- Superior knowledge of technology trends and curiosity
- Fluent English language skills, both written and verbal. German is a (strong) plus
- A competitive salary
- Work in the brand-new ultra-modern lab facility
- A strong focus on professional & personal development
- An inclusive workplace for diverse employees from all over the world
How to apply
Please, email Jordi@cultimatefoods.com with the name of the position as “Subject”, e.g. Bioprocess Engineer position, including your CV. A motivation letter is a bonus.
Applications using “easy apply” will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2024